Congratulations! You’ve found your dress and everything is falling into place perfectly. Now there’s nothing left to do but wait for the day you say “I Do.”
However, you’re only human and sometimes when significant events like this are nearing by, you may notice your diet and routine suffer. We’re all for living your best life and enjoying all the food you could ever want, however when you have a garment that is not forgiving and may not zip up on your big day, or may fall to your waist because you wanted the strapless dress, it’s an unwanted (and expensive) stress.
Whether you’re eating or exercising a little less, or a little more, any fluctuation in weight may mean that your dress is either too small or too big on the day you need to wear it.
Here are 10 simple tips to ensure you fit in your wedding dress on your special day:
- Drink plenty of water. Buy yourself a large drink bottle and aim to fill it up and drink the whole thing at least 3 times throughout the day. Staying hydrated will reduce any bloating or fluid retention, and an added bonus is that your skin may clear up.
- If you’re typically sedentary throughout the day, you’ll need to make sure that your calorie input doesn’t exceed your calorie output (that is eating more calories than you burn in a day)
- If you’re a regular gym junkie, stick to your routine. Just make sure your diet remains the same to prevent any fluctuations in weight.
- Have a final dress fitting a couple of days before your big day to make sure you can gauge whether your dress needs alterations.
- Reduce your salt intake a few days before if it’s over your recommended daily suggestion. This will reduce any bloating or water retention.
- When someone says “Don’t stress” it makes you stress even more. If you’re finding that you’re feeling overwhelmed or anxious, this can affect your diet. Take a moment to meditate and clear your head to avoid any missed meals or extra snacks. Be sure to focus on retaining your routine.
- Eat higher protein and fat, and lower carbs to keep you fuller for longer and to prevent any overeating.
- Avoid any late night snacks.
- Go for easy walks throughout the day to keep your body moving and to encourage the removal of excess fluids.
- Do what makes you happy and comfortable so you can have a stress free wedding day!